April 20th, 2017
In my haste to record this weeks podcast, and despite the fact I plugged it twice, I forgot to give you the link to where you can get more information about the Record Store Day gigs at Vox Box in Edinburgh. Check out http://voxboxmusic.co.uk/rsd for all the useful info as to who is playing when and where.
1. Lucca – “MST3K Love Theme” (Played courtesy of Mesmerize Records)
2. Gaffa Tape Sandy – “Pink Neck / Train Wreck” (Played courtesy of Gaffa Tape Sandy, Released under a Creative Commons licence)
3. Meursault – “The Mill” (Played courtesy of Song by Toad Records)
4. The Son(s) – “If I Hear You Talk Apostrophes Again…” (Played courtesy of The Son(s) / Olive Grove Records)
5. Thundering Asteroids! – “Hi-Keeba!” (Played courtesy of Thundering Asteroids, Released under a Creative Commons licence)
6. Lush Purr – “(I Admit It) I’m a Gardener” (Played courtesy of Song by Toad Records)
Direct Download: Edinburgh Man #261
April 13th, 2017
Oh, my. We’re almost at the end of the two week Easter school holiday. Just as well, because I’m all but broken. Today was a full on Edinburgh Man and Edinburgh Man Junior day. No doubt as a result of the ice cream I caved in and allowed him to have at 10.15am this morning, he seems to have way more energy that I do.
As a result, a pre-recorded podcast. By the time you download this I’ll be fast asleep in bed…
1. The Venomers – “Not my Doctor” (Played courtesy of The Venomers, Released under a Creative Commons licence)
2. CHUMP – “Lose Your Life” (Played courtesy of Gerry Loves Records)
3. Kimya Dawson – “Live at The Office on 2005-01-09” (Played courtesy of archive.org)
4. Wozniak – “Shader” (Played courtesy of Wozniak)
Direct Download: Edinburgh Man #260
April 6th, 2017
Oh hello. Here’s a picture of an elephant painted to look like a penguin.
This is basically just to distracted you from the fact it’s been two weeks since the last podcast. Many apologies. But at least this week there is some great new music from The Moonlanderz, CHUMP, The Planes and Pelts. Plus a couple of fantastic live tracks by the Mountain Goats. See – that was worth waiting for, wasn’t it?
1. The Moonlandingz – “The Strangle Of Anna” (Played courtesy of Point ÃphÃ©mÃ¨re, Released under a Creative Commons licence)
2. CHUMP – “At Least We Got A Song Out Of It” (Played courtesy of Gerry Loves Records)
3. The Mountain Goats – “Live at Village Tavern on 2004-10-19” (Played courtesy of archive.org)
4. Pelts – “The Severed Sea” (Played courtesy of Pelts)
5. The Planes – “Red Shift” (Played courtesy of The Planes, Released under a Creative Commons licence)
Direct Download: Edinburgh Man #259
March 23rd, 2017
The regular live podcast is taking a couple of weeks break due to work commitments. Basically I’m spending the evenings interviewing people on Skype. I know, it sounds thrilling. I did think about doing it on the podcast but figured that might be considered unprofessional.
Anyway, instead of the regular show I plunder the live music archive at archive.org to find some wonderful concert record that hopefully you’ve never heard before. This week, parts of two live sets from Elliot Smith and Mogwai, plus links so you can go and listen to and download the sets in full.
1. Elliott Smith – “Elliott Smith Live at Maxwell’s on 1999-12-30” (Played courtesy of archive.org)
2. Mogwai – “Mogwai Live at Gothic Theatre on 2006-05-03” (Played courtesy of archive.org)
Direct Download: Edinburgh Man #258