A special (ish) audiophile (ish) episode of the podcast! Basically for some anal reason I’ve recently been re-ripping all my CDs at the best quality bitrate I can (while still maintaining an acceptable size). I’ve also been going through backup disks attempting to find the original versions of many many music downloads to go back to the versions before iTunes Match crummyfied them.
As I was doing this I pondered the rubbish bitrate and multiple transcoding steps the music I play on the show goes through, and felt pretty bad. I’m not really showcasing all this great music at its best, so I thought I’d make a special audiophile episode of the show. Presented in 320kbps glory. Nothing has been transcoded here, no audio filtering or compression has been applied. Apologies for the download size!
1. Jonnie Common – “Faster Stronger Washer Dryer” (Played courtesy of Song by Toad Records)
2. Alligator Indian – “Telepathic Boys” (Played courtesy of Alligator Indian / Bleeding Gold Records, Released under a Creative Commons licence)
3. The Give It Ups – “God Only Knows Where The Time Goes” (Played courtesy of The Give It Ups)
4. Lowpines – “Give Me A Horse (Bonus Track)” (Played courtesy of EardrumsPop, Released under a Creative Commons licence)
5. Lizard Kisses – “Slow Bones” (Played courtesy of Lizard Kisses / Beko DSL, Released under a Creative Commons licence)
6. The Second Hand Marching Band & Benni Hemm Hemm – “Grandstanding” (Played courtesy of The Second Hand Marching Band)
Direct Download: Edinburgh Man #234