I wrote the rest of this blog post the morning before the show. It’s almost as if I jinxed it with the opening sentence…
Shockingly it all seems to be coming together. Since last weeks podcast Edinburgh Man Jr has slept through the night three times! On top of that, I’ve been to two gigs over the same period… In fact, one of those gigs was the Fence Records “Eye ‘O the Dug” festival in St. Andrews so really that’s like loads of gigs.
To celebrate this you get some rambling reviews of both Eye ‘O the Dug, which took places insides some incredibly old (and incredibly cold) buildings at St. Andrews University, and (The) Lemonheads, who I saw last night at the Edinburgh Picture House.
There are a couple of tracks from bands that played in St. Andrews, some music related to this Saturday’s Record Store Day events in Edinburgh, and more great music besides.
1. Paws – “Booger” (Played courtesy of Gerry Loves Records)
2. The Leg – “God Don’t Like It” (Played courtesy of Song by Toad Records)
3. Cinema Verite – “Turn Into Gold” (Played courtesy of Cinema Verite / Released under a Creative Commons licence)
4. Standard Fare – “051107″ (Played courtesy of Standard Fare)
5. Monoganon – “Monomania” (Played courtesy of Monoganon)
6. Schwervon! – “Dog Got Your Cat Tongue” (Played courtesy of Schwervon! / Released under a Creative Commons licence)
7. Town Hall – “Just Watching My Breath” (Played courtesy of Town Hall / Released under a Creative Commons licence)
8. Meursault – “A Mother’s Arms (Demo)” (Played courtesy of Song by Toad Records)