Thursday again! The weeks just fly by don’t they?
You know, I think I’ve missed the three year anniversary of the podcast. It was sometime towards the end of February if my memory is correct… which it rarely is. Anyway, last year I think we figured out it the podcast came into being on the same day that Stu Lewis started The Tidal Wave of Indifference blog. As if that wasn’t enough of a weird coincidence, Stu and I went through to Glasgow last week to see the wonderful My Bloody Valentine at the Barrowlands.
It was a brilliant gig. And loud. I mean, LOUD. My earplugs were stuck so far into my ears I could feel them at the back of my throat! Anyway, a top night all round. Although I did end up losing my keys and having to get the locks replaced in the house. So a top, expensive night all round.
On tonight’s show… some new stuff, some old stuff. You can tell this one is well thought out. Let’s just get cracking.
1. the Nervous Ticks – “Rat Brat” (Played courtesy of the Nervous Ticks, Released under a Creative Commons licence)
2. Just Handshakes – “London Bound” (Played courtesy of Bleeding Gold Records)
3. Joshua Burnside – “George Price” (Played courtesy of Joshua Burnside)
4. Lucy Cait – “Gabriel’s Wharf” (Played courtesy of Folk Room Records, Released under a Creative Commons licence)
5. Low – “On My Own (Live)” (Played courtesy of archive.org)
6. The Mountain Goats – “Thank You Mario But Our Princess Is In Another Castle (Live)” (Played courtesy of archive.org)
7. Blue And White Van – “Out of Reach” (Played courtesy of Blue And White Van, Released under a Creative Commons licence)
8. Tiny Fireflies – “Holding Patterns” (Played courtesy of EardrumsPop, Released under a Creative Commons licence)
Direct Download: Edinburgh Man #123