It seems like ages since I did one of these…. I mean, it is ages. A whole month of podcast paternity leave. Last year I took January off from podcasting and returned refreshed. I’m not sure if the same can be said for this year. I’ve returned… let’s just leave it at that.
I’m writing this blog entry before recording the show. Hopefully Edinburgh Man Junior (who now has a name) will have kept quiet for the duration – I do have the baby monitor right next to me – and we’ll have had some uninterrupted music and chat.
On today’s show, I needed to wake myself up to get going, so some Australian chiptune happy-hardcore was required. Obviously. There’s a couple of new tracks from Edinburgh bands – podcast favourites My Tiny Robots, and 80′s synth influenced The Machine Room. Bands who also happen to share a drummer. Oh the inscentual nature of the music scene in this city. I love it.
1. Victory Road – “Success is a Sexy Mess” (Played courtesy of Victory Road / Released under a Creative Commons licence)
2. Xiu Xiu – “Hi” (Played courtesy of Polyvinyl)
3. The Machine Room – “Cost Of Progress” (Played courtesy of The Machine Room)
4. My Tiny Robots – “Zut Alors” (Played courtesy of My Tiny Robots)
5. Schwervon! – “Truth Teller” (Played courtesy of Schwervon! / Released under a Creative Commons licence)
6. Randolph’s Leap – “The Nonsense In My Soul” (Played courtesy of Peenko Records)
7. Gospel Music – “Apartment” (Played courtesy of Kill Rock Stars)
8. Former Babies – “Werewolf” (Played courtesy of Bleeding Gold Records)
9. Conveyor – “Mukraker (Single)” (Played courtesy of Conveyor / Released under a Creative Commons licence)