So this is a bit of an experiment… For the last couple of weeks I’ve been doing a daily podcast at junior.edinburghman.com. As part of that I wrote some nerdy scripts that automatically post the podcast from a Dropbox file. It seemed marginally successful so I’ve tried to extend it to the normal podcast. If everything goes to plan this should have all been automatically posted to both Mixcloud and the blog just a few minutes after the live podcast finishing!
Of course, it almost certainly won’t go to plan, will it? If the link has been posted to Twitter 1,000 times, or if the podcast is only 2 minutes long, or if the text for this post cuts off in the middle of a word, then you know what went wrong.
On the show tonight the brilliant new single from KEEL HER, fuzzy garage from Honolulu’s Blood Cave and lo-fi punk from Teeside’s Year of Birds. Folk pop from the upcoming album by Edinburgh’s Arran Arctic, and some dream pop from The Sea Life. Eclectic? I think s
1. KEEL HER – “Riot Grrrl” (Played courtesy of KEEL HER, Released under a Creative Commons licence)
2. Blood Cave – “Old White Men Should Pay To Speak” (Played courtesy of Blood Cave)
3. Mega Gem – “Puddles” (Played courtesy of Mega Gem, Released under a Creative Commons licence)
4. Arran Arctic – “Headphones” (Played courtesy of Arran Arctic)
5. The Sea Life – “Pray for Snow” (Played courtesy of The Sea Life, Released under a Creative Commons licence)
6. Year Of Birds – “The Graph I Drew” (Played courtesy of Year Of Birds / OnceC Records)
7. The KABBs – “Never Knew” (Played courtesy of The KABBs, Released under a Creative Commons licence)
8. Grape Soda – “Obvious Signs” (Played courtesy of Kindercore / IODAPromonet)
Direct Download: Edinburgh Man #114