Apologies to any live devotees, it’s yet another pre-recorded podcast. Interestingly, this one is recorded cross-legged on the floor in the living room. Well, actually the first half was me kneeling on the floor until I realised that I’d managed to lose most of the feeling in my legs.
Enough of that rambling, perhaps a bit of garage rock vibe going on with this week’s podcast? We start off with the lo-fi punk stylings of Middlesbrough’s Year of Birds, there’s a new(ish) single from Brooklyn’s Starlight Girls, and we end with an 8 minute shoegaze anthem (yes you heard that right) from Edinburgh’s Kid Canaveral. Lots more in between. Mostly bad chat.
Oh, and next week’s show will also be pre-recorded. That Waxahatchee and that Swearin’ are playing through in the West Coast so there’ll be an Edinburgh Man road trip going on.
1. Year Of Birds – “Seven At Sea” (Played courtesy of Year Of Birds)
2. tusk, her – “Ché” (Played courtesy of tusk her, Released under a Creative Commons licence)
3. Starlight Girls – “7×3” (Played courtesy of Starlight Girls)
4. ONSIND – “Sweet and Tender, Julian” (Played courtesy of ONSIND, Released under a Creative Commons licence)
5. The Wharves – “Deepwater Horizon” (Played courtesy of Soft Power Records)
6. The Rosy Crucifixion – “Lose Yourself” (Played courtesy of Soft Power Records)
7. Mouni – “A Week or Two” (Played courtesy of Mouni, Released under a Creative Commons licence)
8. Kid Canaveral – “A Compromise” (Played courtesy of Kid Canaveral / Lost Map Records)
Direct Download: Edinburgh Man #147