So for the last 5 days Edinburgh Man Junior has been toilet training. I promise I shall really try not to talk to much about bodily functions. Honest. Anyway, I tell you this in case the normally high-quality audio of the podcast is punctuated with the sound of a overworked washing machine on spin cycle.
Other exciting things that happened this week include the annual wallet emptying event that is Record Store Day. I know it comes in for a lot of (often fair) criticism, but I enjoy it. Despite the cost. There are a lot of pointless releases, for sure. But there are some quirky things in there that you only really get at this time of year. And a few interesting re-pressings too. I also attempted to take Edinburgh Man Junior into a Record Store with obvious (at least with hindsight) results.
1. Os Drongos - "Breakfast Sand" (Played courtesy of Os Drongos)
2. Bizarre Learning Center - "Crawlspace" (Played courtesy of Bizarre Learning Center, Released under a Creative Commons licence)
3. Tashaki Miyaki - "Somethin is Better Than Nothin" (Played courtesy of KEEP IT YOURS RECORDS, Released under a Creative Commons licence)
4. Eternal Summers - "Dye" (Played courtesy of beko dsl, Released under a Creative Commons licence)
5. Bikini Jesus - "Under A Spell" (Played courtesy of Bikini Jesus)
6. The Spook School - "You Make It Sound So Easy" (Played courtesy of Fortuna POP!)
7. Witching Waves - "Chain Of Command" (Played courtesy of Soft Power Records)
8. Alligator Indian - "Telepathic Boys" (Played courtesy of Bleeding Gold Records, Released under a Creative Commons licence)
Direct Download: Edinburgh Man #164