So, last week I talked too much and I did you out of a track. So this time I try and talk not quite as much so I can squeeze in the prerequisite six great slices of indie pop.
It’s also a busy week gig-wise in Edinburgh (including the pictured Casiotone for the Painfully Alone) so I recorded this in a bit of a rush on Tuesday night. There is, as ever, lots of great music. Two tracks from Scottish bands – both of which are from releases that come out this coming Monday. There’s also a great track from the debut EP from Brooklyn’s Like, Mountains.
What I almost mentioned in the show, but in the end totally forgot about is that you can still:
VOTE FOR YOUR TOP 3 TRACKS FROM 2010
Podsafe music in this episode is played courtesy of IODAPromonet, Olive Grove Records, Maxwell Panther and Kill Rock Stars. Track 1 is released under a Creative Commons licence. Edinburgh Man Podcasts is a member of the Association of Music Podcasting.
1. Like, Mountains – “Call Me A Liar” (buy EP from Bandcamp)
2. Randolph’s Leap – “As I Lie In The Mud” (buy EP from Bandcamp, stream EP from Soundcloud)
3. The Scottish Enlightenment – “Necromancer” (download track free, and buy album from Bandcamp)
4. Crystal Stilts – “Magnetic Moon” (download track free)
5. Maxwell Panther – “Lovers reBEL” (download album for free from Bandcamp)
6. Erase Errata – “Damaged” (download track free and bu 7 inch single from killrockstars)
Also mentioned in this week’s Podcast: Peenko and Casiotone for the Painfully Alone
Subscribe in iTunes
Subscribe to Podcast
“Magnetic Moon” (mp3)
from “Shake The Shackles”
The Scottish Enlightenment
from “St. Thomas”