Getting ready for this week’s podcast was a bit of a trial. I had to tidy away the Sega Saturn from the desk and get the microphone set up instead… Regular listeners to the show may be aware of my retro gaming vice. For some reason I always wanted to own a Saturn, despite the fact at the time I had the technically superior and much more game-laden PlayStation. Anyway, after many years of waiting I splashed out £30 this week for a Saturn and a whole bunch of games. I’ve been playing “Mass Destruction” continually since then. If your current “jam” could be a game, mine would be that.
Anyway, after last week’s podcast of mostly artists who are favourites of the show, tonight’s podcast entirely contains artists who have never featured before. In fact, with the exception of one of the artists who I knew by name if not by music, all of them are new to me in the last 7 days.
AND… we start off with some techno. Obviously.
1. Binary Zero – “Dirty Clouds” (Played courtesy of Binary Zero / Released under a Creative Commons licence)
2. KEEL HER – “dogmeat” (Played courtesy of Keel Her / Released under a Creative Commons licence)
3. Aggi Doom – “Bring Me The Head” (Played courtesy of Soft Power Records)
4. By Toutatis – “Dead Men’s Cues” (Played courtesy of By Toutatis)
5. James Limm – “C” (Played courtesy of James Limm / Released under a Creative Commons licence)
6. Lightnin’ Seed – “Stone Root” (Played courtesy of Lightnin’ Seed / Released under a Creative Commons licence)
7. Alpaca Sports – “Just for fun” (Played courtesy of Alpaca Sports)
8. Greyhound Out Of Mainline – “International Dateline” (Played courtesy of Greyhound Out Of Mainline)