Another exciting early podcast. As I was recording this my throat was getting progressively croakier, but I soldiered on like a trouper. I'm sure it was only a couple of weeks ago I last had a sore throat. Kids, eh?
Anyway today's podcast has more than a little Records Store Day theme. Look, I know most of the releases are overpriced and aimed at suckers. But I like vinyl, and I'm a bit of sucker, so I'm looking forward to it. There are also some official and unofficial releases from Scottish-based labels that I played on the podcast tonight, including two tracks from Song, by Toad's ridiculous "Beer vs Records" releases, a track from the Adam Stafford cassette on Gerry Loves Records, and a self-released track by Randolph's Leap (also on cassette - crazy).
Add in some bad chat about wind and broken record players, a brilliant track from the upcoming eagleowl album, and you have Edinburgh Man #128.
1. eagleowl - "not over" (Played courtesy of eagleowl)
2. Susan Hwang - "Everything is a Clue" (Played courtesy of Bushwick Book Club, Released under a Creative Commons licence)
3. Suzie Zuzek - "indie pop, grunge, pop, post punk, alternative - Sit in a tree" (Played courtesy of Suzie Zuzek, Released under a Creative Commons licence)
4. Zed Penguin - "This Town" (Played courtesy of Song by Toad)
5. Magic Eye - "Japan" (Played courtesy of Song by Toad)
6. Randolph's Leap - "Light of the Moon" (Played courtesy of Randolph's Leap)
7. Lisa Bouvier - "Every Year Until We Die" (Played courtesy of Cath 'n' Dad Records, Released under a Creative Commons licence)
8. Adam Stafford - "Zero Disruption" (Played courtesy of Gerry Loves Records)
Direct Download: Edinburgh Man #128