I’m on holiday this week. Because some uninteresting people are getting married, there’s an extra public holiday this week in the UK. Add to that the holidays for Easter and May Day, and you’d be forgiven for thinking that we spend all our time lazying around on our arses around here.
Anyway, rather than go into work for a three day week this week, I decided to take an extra few days off. The result is that this is a chilled out, recorded during a sunny evening, relaxed podcast! There’s fairly eclectic mix of music too… some post-punk, twee-indie-folk, and shoegaze… and that’s just for starters.
This week’s Hipstamatic… it seems like there’s been in-store gigs at Avalanche Records in Edinburgh every week for ages. On Saturday there, we were treated to pretty much a full set by Aberfeldy. If it wasn’t for the torrential rain on the bike ride back home afterwards it would have been a perfect Saturday!
Podsafe music in this episode is played courtesy of Eardrums Pop, Eastern Seaboard Records, and Beko Digital Single Label. Tracks 1-6 are released under Creative Commons Licences. Edinburgh Man Podcasts is a member of the Association of Music Podcasting.
1. Zombie Girlfriend – “Punk Song” (download album free from Bandcamp)
2. Answer Sheet – “The Pleasant Drink of United Ink” (download track free from Soundcloud)
3. Boca Chica – “Afternoon Tea” (download EP free from EardrumsPop)
4. Quiet Lights – “Ablaze” (download album free from Bandcamp)
5. Plastic Animals – “Maybe Tomorrow” (download track free from Bandcamp)
6. Lizard Kisses – “Bottom Dollar” (download EP free from Bandcamp)